Fundraising tools and tips
Whether you are taking part in one of our events, organsing a bake sale, party, or costumed walk there are lot’s of different ways you can support our invaluable servies and make a real difference to people in our community living with serious or terminal illness.
If you are planning on fundraising for us here are some helpful things to consider and some tools to boost your fundraising goal.
Our top five tips
Add your photo to your profile
Always complete as much information as you can. And always include a photograph. This can give your visitors confidence that they are donating to the right page.
Make sure you set your target for a reasonable and achievable goal. Some of our events will have set targets you need to reach. However, the sky is the limit so continue your fundraising even if you’ve reached your target!
Be the first to donate on your page. It shows your commitment and also sets a guide as to what amount your supporters should be aiming at making. Research shows that when fundraisers are the first to make their donation, they receive on average 47% more donations.
Always add your personal story as to why you are fundraising.
- How the donations will make a difference.
- Why you have chosen to fundraise for Harlington Hospice and Michael Sobell House.
- Keep your supporters up-to-date by adding photos and messages in the run up to your fundraising. This could be training photos if you are taking on a physical challenge, sharing potential raffle prizes, or showing your event planning progress.
- Remember to update your supporters after the event and share some pictures of your success. Many people donate after the event has occurred.
Sharing your fundraising
Through a link
You can also copy the URL link from your fundraising page and send it to your colleagues, family, and friends via email, text message or WhatsApp.
On social media
On your fundraising page you will see social media buttons to share on the platforms you use. For example, you can share on Facebook and Twitter. Use a Hashtag, like #HarlingtonHospice or #Fundraising to reach more people.
Remember to tag us when you post your fundraising journey and we can share your story as well!
You can find us on:
- Facebook: Harlington Hospice
- Instagram: harlhospice
- LinkedIn: Harlington Hospice Association Limited
- Twitter: harlhospice
Why we need your support
As a charity only part funded by the NHS, every year we need to raise £2.4 million in voluntary income. It is only with the kindness of our supporters that we can be alongside our vibrant Hillingdon community at their time of need.
We know how important it is that people living alongside serious or terminal illness can access support that’s shaped around them, when and where they need it. Your donations allow us to keep our Hospice running every day, as well as go above and beyond for people experiencing the most vulnerable moments in their lives.